A COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR is needed to support the Centralina Workforce Development Board.
Must be well‐organized, customer‐service oriented and have a strong marketing background. The Centralina Workforce Development Board (WDB) is responsible for local workforce funding and invests in the community by partnering with economic development, education and businesses to create innovative strategies to serve career seekers and businesses. Centralina WDB is a division within Centralina Council of Governments, an innovative regional planning agency serving the Greater Charlotte region.
MAJOR DUTIES for this position include:
· Collaborating with program director, staff and others on the creation of public relations strategies for educating and informing the region about departmental programs and services
· Recognizing communications opportunities and solutions, and defining and executing appropriate strategies to support them
· Researching program relationships that should be developed and managed
· Overseeing development and maintenance of electronic communications including website, blog(s) and social media sites; managing relationships with associated vendors
· Designing and/or editing and distributing a variety of marketing materials
· Writing and distributing press releases for departmental programs and activities; serving as primary point of contact with the local and regional news media
· Managing and updating print/photo/video library of case studies, program events, etc
· Participating in planning and coordinating the details of meetings and events
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in marketing and related experience in communications, web-page design, editing, event planning and management; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills, and considerable attention to detail. Must demonstrate skill and comfort in building relationships with members of the media, stakeholders and the general public in order to achieve communication goals. Must demonstrate the ability to comprehend and transform sometimes complex information into clear, concise, useful and exciting messages. Must also possess strong, creative problem-solving skills including the ability to apply sound judgment and innovative ideas to meet challenges. Ideal candidate must also possess considerable knowledge of specialized computer programs including graphic design and layout, web-page, social media, and other specialized technology applications, the ability to multitask and manage multiple and simultaneous priorities and be able to work effectively with local officials and staff. Hiring Salary: $40-42K depending on experience. Excellent benefits including NC Local Government Retirement System, 401k, medical, dental, vision, etc.
Send cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com or to 9815 David Taylor Drive, STE 100, Charlotte, NC 28262. The position is open until filled. EOE