The Centralina Workforce Development Board seeks a Business Services Leader to develop working relationships with the business community and with workforce, economic development, education, and community partners. The Business Services Leader will be responsible for assessing needs and delivering quality services that helps to add value to the success of local employers to find and retain talent and to build business competitiveness.
The Centralina Workforce Development Board (WDB) is a board responsible for local workforce funding. The Board invests in the community by partnering with economic development, education and businesses to create innovative strategies to serve career seekers and businesses. Centralina WDB is a division within Centralina Council of Governments, an innovative regional planning agency serving the Greater Charlotte region.
MAJOR DUTIES for this position include:
- Engaging private-sector employers with collaborative partners to identify workforce, economic development, and education needs;
- Conducting planning, development and marketing of services identified as needs for business in the community; identifies resources and services that are already available in the community and provide this information to owners of business; continues to update information regarding business needs and identify or create resources;
- Managing Centralina WDB Collective Business Engagement Network, a systematic approach among business-facing organizations in the region to collaboratively engage business and industry as a customer and as a partner;
- Managing Incumbent Worker Training Program; promotes On-the-Job (OJT) training, Apprenticeship, and Work-Based Learning opportunities with businesses in the region;
- Coordinating and marketing employer services provided though NCWorks Career Centers and providing technical assistance and business services training to NCWorks Career Centers and regional workforce development partners;
- Promoting and elevating the awareness of the Centralina Workforce Development Board in the business community; surveying the community to identify areas of interest or need as they relate to workforce development; conducts labor market research and reports information to the WDB; making public presentations and representing the regional and local workforce development programs in meetings with business community; using workforce intelligence to map talent pipeline needs; developing and maintaining effective working relationships with federal, state, and local officials and employers.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Graduation from college or university with a degree in business administration, human resource management, organizational psychology, or public administration, and considerable experience working with private sector businesses; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual must have experience in marketing and/or sales activities and experience in grant writing, budget development and management. Position also requires considerable knowledge of the local labor market, industry sectors, and the hiring practices and procedures of local employer and of business practices, supervisory techniques, and training needs of businesses. Also requires the ability to build and maintain cooperative and effective public relations with the community. Salary depending on qualifications with excellent benefits.
Send cover letter and résumé to: CCOG, “WDB Business Services Leader Recruitment”, 525 North Tryon Street, 12th Floor, Charlotte, NC 28202, fax to 704-347-4710 or e-mail to email@example.com. Consideration of applications will begin immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled. EOE